The Bracket Yard Daily, March 31, 2021: Final Four Set, Syracuse, Yankees
Madness almost over.
Meet the latest college basketball Final Four, and one team is losing some personnel in the Wednesday Daily.
Top Sports Stories
|[CBB] Your 2021 Final Four|
In addition to Houston and Baylor from Monday night, we now have the complete Final Four slate.
Gonzaga and UCLA added their names to the list, with the latter being yet another First Four to Final Four runner. This is the second Final Four in program history for the Bulldogs. Meanwhile, UCLA as a school is no stranger to the Final Four; a team that some were not even sure should make the tournament, they’ve gotten to the Final Four for the 19th time, by far the most of any team left in the field.
|[CBB] Kadary Richmond Leaving Syracuse, Enters Transfer Portal|
Syracuse is going to lose yet another player to a transfer following their Sweet 16 run. This time, it’s Kadary Richmond who will be saying sayonara to Central New York. A freshman guard, he has entered the transfer portal and is reportedly the third Orange player to do so since the end of their run in the 2021 NCAA Tournament. This will be a key loss for Syracuse, who are going to have to replace a rising sophomore walking out the door. At least they will still have Buddy Boeheim next year, which covers a few deficiencies.
|[MLB] Reports: Yankees Interested in Winning a World Series|
In other news, you are surrounded by air and water is wet. We are going to leave this New York Post article here with minimal commentary. Every team wants to win the whole thing, but 12 years of no trophies for the Yankees is like torture for a Steinbrenner. The late George in his prime would be firing people left and right if they don’t win this season.
5 Good Sports Links
- [TENN] “Not much love for COVID-19 vaccine at Miami Open,” Reuters via Yahoo Sports
- [NFL] “The Biggest Boom-or-Bust Players in the 2021 NFL Draft,” Bleacher Report (Maurice Moton)
- [NBA] “Buyouts Are Warping the NBA’s Competitive Landscape,” SI.com (Howard Beck)
- [GOLF] “EA Sports announces new PGA Tour golf video game, hints at a key feature,” Golf Digest (Christopher Powers)
- [CBB] “How Kelvin Sampson repaired his career at Houston and resurrected the Cougars, who are back in the Final Four,” CBS Sports (Matt Norlander)