2020 NFL Playoff Predictions: The Bracket
Well, someone’s gotta go to Tampa.
You’ve seen the 2020 NFL playoff bracket: now see The Bracket Yard’s predictions for the Super Bowl LV champion.
Fourteen teams have entered the postseason, but one will hoist the Lombardi Trophy. Will it be a team that has felt that stainless steel before, like the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs, or will some team out there win it for the first time ever? There is just one way to find out: play the 13 games.
Here are our thoughts on how the postseason might shake out, along with some notes on how we feel about each potential game. Let’s throw this out there at a caveat before we begin: nobody should feel complete confidence in any game outcome. This is the NFL and even a team like Washington, 7-9 though they are, can jump up and win a playoff game. Four games, maybe not so much, but even one win can realign the entire path of the postseason.
2020 NFL Playoff Predictions
Wild Card Weekend Thoughts
- New Orleans should be able to handle Chicago, but a dome team going north in January should give anyone pause.
- Seattle and the Rams split their two games, each team winning at home. Seahawks should be the favorite to take the rubber game in Washington State.
- Tampa Bay will be a clear favorite to beat Washington, but again, 7-9 teams have won playoff home games before.
- Buffalo is firing on all cylinders and is as hot as any team in America entering the 2020 NFL playoffs. Indianapolis is a fine team but if Buffalo plays the way they’ve been playing, it’s a Bills win. These teams did not meet in the regular season.
- Pittsburgh and Cleveland just played last week in Ohio, with the Browns nipping the playing-their-backup Steelers. This seems like a payback game.
- Tennessee and Baltimore is a game where it feels like you need to go with the hot hand, being the Ravens. Their prior meeting this season was a Titans OT win, so perhaps another payback game is in store.
Divisional Weekend Thoughts
- Green Bay would be favored over the Buccaneers: the Florida team going to the frozen tundra.
- New Orleans vs. Seattle would be a very entertaining game, but give the edge to Seattle with Russell Wilson at the helm. It looks like this would be the end for Drew Brees should they lose.
- Baltimore, hot as mentioned, would be running into a Death Star of a football team in Kansas City. Hard to pick against the Chiefs.
- Buffalo and Pittsburgh, another so-called payback game? Maybe not the way the Bills are playing. Could be close, but that’s some real Bills momentum.
The Championship Games
- Green Bay and Seattle have playoff history, but we’re not picking against Aaron Rodgers in his own building. They right their NFC title game mistakes from last year and go to Super Bowl LV.
- Kansas City and Buffalo could be the real Super Bowl, in a manner of speaking. Expect a heavyweight fight, and while it’s hard to pick against the Chiefs, it’s harder to pick against a Bills team that’s smoking everyone.
Super Bowl LV
- Green Bay is a legendary franchise. Buffalo has never won a Super Bowl and in fact lost four in a row at one point. We all suffered in 2020. Can’t the Bills have this? In fact, they can. Buffalo is good enough to go all the way, despite not being a team people would be predisposed to pick.