2020 College Football Playoff Bracket
Here’s the 2020 College Football Playoff bracket in its glory.
We got from end to end in this season, and through five sets of College Football Playoff rankings, with the same four teams at the top. They finished in a different arrangement, but it’s been the same four on track for the playoff.
The committee got much of what’s under the top four wrong, but that’s a matter for another article.
The 2020 College Football Playoff Bracket
#1 Alabama (SEC Champ) vs. #4 Notre Dame (At-Large)
#2 Clemson (ACC Champ) vs. #3 Ohio State (Big Ten Champ)
CFP Semifinal Bowls
- Sugar Bowl (Jan. 1, New Orleans, LA): Clemson vs. Ohio State
- Rose Bowl (Jan. 1, Arlington, TX): Alabama vs. Notre Dame
Please note: the Rose Bowl was relocated from California to Texas this year.
College Football Playoff Facts
- Alabama: 6th appearance in College Football Playoff (2 titles)
- Clemson: 6th appearance in College Football Playoff (2 titles)
- Ohio State: 4th appearance in College Football Playoff (1 title)
- Notre Dame: 2nd appearance in College Football Playoff (no titles)
- First time in CFP history for ACC to receive two bids
- 2nd time in CFP era for a defending champion not to qualify the following year (2015 Ohio State, 2020 LSU)
- 3rd CFP meeting between Clemson and Ohio State (Clemson won both semifinal games, 2016 and 2019)
- 1st CFP meeting between Alabama and Notre Dame (Alabama won 2013 BCS National Championship over Notre Dame, 42-14)