2017 NCAA National Championship: North Carolina vs. Gonzaga
The road ends in Phoenix for the North Carolina Tar Heels and Gonzaga Bulldogs, one way or another in the 2017 NCAA National Championship.
Out of 351 schools on the Division I level, these are the last two teams standing. Tomorrow night, a new national champion will be crowned. For North Carolina, this is the end of a long journey that started a year ago with a crushing defeat against Villanova. UNC has faced and passed every test to get another chance at a championship. As for Gonzaga, what must have seemed like an impossible dream is 40 minutes from becoming reality.
This is a true battle of titans, and not just Przemek Karnowski and Kennedy Meeks. Gonzaga has been one of the best teams all season, and they meet one of the premier programs in the sport.
2017 NCAA National Championship Teams
[alert heading=”North Carolina Tar Heels (ACC)” type=”alert-info” block=”false” close=”false”]32-7 record; #1 seed in South Region[/alert]
- 20th Final Four appearance in school history
- Seeking sixth national championship
- 11th appearance in national championship game
- Would be second champion from ACC in three years
- #12 offense in Division I this season (84.8 ppg)
[alert heading=”Gonzaga Bulldogs (WCC)” type=”alert-info” block=”false” close=”false”]37-1 record; #1 seed in West Region[/alert]
- First Final Four and national championship game appearances
- 19th straight NCAA Tournament appearance
- Would be the first national champion from the West Coast Conference since 1956 (San Francisco)
- #15 scoring offense in Division I (83.1 ppg)